This position is a vital part of the Business systems team working alongside PMO in initiating, executing and closing out all Business systems projects on time and within budget. This highly skilled professional will be responsible for all Business systems projects such as new ERP implementations, ERP Upgrades, and BI implementation & enhancements.
- Primary responsibility of the Project Manager, under the direction of Business systems leadership, is to co-manage a multi-year, multi-million dollar ERP Implementation program (Dynamics 365 Enterprise for operations) with a consulting project manager. ERP program comprises of several sub-projects/waves for global deployments spanning multiple business teams, and involve migration activities from legacy ERPs.
- Develop and maintain key project management artifacts (i.e., project scope, requirement documents, project resource plans, issue logs, change logs, project documentation, risk mitigation plans, and migration plans).
- Manage project activities across the entire project life cycle on time and within budget with acceptable quality.
- Prepare and communicate regular project status reports to key stakeholders.
- Manage, prioritize and deliver multiple business systems projects in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Appropriately choose between agile, waterfall and iterative project methodology to suit the current project at hand.
- Manage client (internal users) expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project documents as per the IT governance policy.
- Take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation.
Not Required, but a plus:
- Minimum 8+ years of ERP and Project Management experience
- Minimum 3+ years of Dynamics ERP project management experience with at least one full lifecycle multi-site global implementation
- Minimum 5+ years of functional Dynamics AX, or NAV experience
- 2+ years of Dynamics finance modules such as AP, AR, GL, FA, and CM
- Experience in using waterfall, iterative and agile project management methodologies
- Project management Professional designation (PMP) Certification strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with different levels of internal customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Technical understanding of ERP systems and their underlying architecture including operational modules such as manufacturing, rental management, supply chain, sales orders, field ticketing
- Team player; Able to work effectively with Corporate ERP and regional IT teams
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of planning and execution of data conversion and integration processes as part of a Dynamics AX deployment
- Strong knowledge of basic finance daily and month end procedures
- General knowledge of accounting principles and their flow in AX
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- Must be possess Intermediate to Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Oil & Gas or Rental or Field ticketing industry experience
- MS Dynamics AX certifications
- Managing Business Intelligence projects
- Fluency in Spanish
Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science, Accounting/Financial or other Technical field preferred; PMP certification is highly desirable.