|The Vehicle Technology Technician is responsible for the installation, calibration, and validation of product functionality of the Video Telematics, ELD/HOS, ADAS, Camera Systems, Commercial DashCam, Sensors and Software in fleet vehicles (Class 1 thru Class 8).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - VTT
REQUIREMENTS - VTT
- Installation of various types of vehicle technology for our clients
- Disassemble and Reassemble various types of vehicles (Class 1 thru Class 8)
- Maintain high quality installations thru proper cable management
- Able to communicate and follow instructions effectively
- Effective time management skills for installation reporting as well as meeting deadlines
- Required to troubleshoot and repair the systems on an ongoing basis.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - VTT
- Required to work on weekends
- Flexibility. Scheduled work changes may occur regularly
- Must pass drug, background, and driver’s license screening
- Full understanding and know-how in 12 Volt Electronics and Vehicle Integration
- Knowledge and use of relays, diodes, switches, and their applications
- Use of a digital multimeter
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical wiring systems
- Prior installation experience of GPS, ELD, DVR camera systems, etc. is preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to provide your own tools required for the position
- Meet or exceed daily installation quotas
- Required to have a reliable vehicle as traveling is a major part of the job
- Required to have experience with PC Laptops and Windows OS
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – VTT
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance, and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management
COMPETENCIES - VTT
- Minimum of 5 years’ installation experience in 12 Volt Electronics and Vehicle Integration. Commercial vehicle experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and open approach when working with others.
- Ability to analyze resolve installation issues effectively and consistently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – VTT in general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ethical Practice
- Technical Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- Standing, walking, and squatting more than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move, and carry minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in-order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Our Client reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
- The normal work environment is outside, and customer controlled under their policies. Certain locations have specific OSHA requirements or internal safety policies including high visibility safety clothing, work boots, safety glasses, hardhats, and appropriate work attire (no shorts and t-shirts).
- Noise levels are considered moderate to severe.
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years’ experience in 12 Volt Electronics and Integration: Commercial vehicle experience preferred
Education: High school or equivalent
Certificates: Installation and/or Product from approved Client Vendors.
Location: Southern California, Fountain Valley, CA HQ
License: Driver’s License (Required)