|The Lead Vehicle Technology Integrator is responsible for the installation, calibration, and validation of product functionality. The Lead Integrator is responsible for the data integrity of the Our Clients project management software as well as ensure platform connectivity of Video Telematics, ELD/HOS, ADAS, Camera Systems, Commercial DashCam, Sensors and Software in fleet vehicles (Class 1 thru Class 8).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - LVTI
- Installation of various types of vehicle technology for our clients
- Disassemble and Reassemble various types of vehicles (Class 1 thru Class 8)
- Maintain high quality installations thru proper cable management
- Good installation planning & communication with management, customers, and deployment team
- Effective time management skills for installation reporting as well as meeting deadlines
- Required to troubleshoot and repair the systems on an ongoing basis
- Onsite install validation (Includes but not limited to; Confirm and Validate Installations, Network Connection, Data Transfer, Portal Confirmation, Upload Photos)
- Responsible for reporting discrepancies in DST software to project manager
- Oversee onsite project installation
- Coordinate with Project Manager for logistics planning
- Attend project meetings for deployment
- Coordinate installation meetings with deployment team based on the Scope of Work (SOW)
- Main point of contact for customers onsite
- Project Leader for onsite deployment team
- Enforce employees work schedule (Includes breaks and lunch breaks)
- Manage overtime in coordination with DST Management
- Ensure data integrity for DST project management software
REQUIREMENTS - LVTI
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - LVTI
- Required to work on weekends
- Flexibility. Scheduled work changes may occur regularly
- Must pass drug, background, and driver’s license screening
- Full understanding and know-how in 12 Volt Electronics and Vehicle Integration
- Knowledge and use of relays, diodes, switches, and their applications
- Use of a digital multimeter
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical wiring systems
- Prior installation experience of GPS, ELD, DVR camera systems, etc. is preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to provide your own tools required for the position
- Meet or exceed daily installation quotas
- Required to have a reliable vehicle as traveling is a major part of the job
- Required to have experience with PC Laptops and Windows OS
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – LVTI
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance, and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management
COMPETENCIES - LVTI
- Minimum of 5 years’ installation experience in 12 Volt Electronics and Vehicle Integration. Commercial vehicle experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and open approach when working with others.
- Ability to analyze resolve installation issues effectively and consistently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – LVTI in general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ethical Practice
- Technical Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Decision Making
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- Standing, walking, and squatting more than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move, and carry minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in-order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Our Client reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.
- The normal work environment is outside, and customer controlled under their policies. Certain locations have specific OSHA requirements or internal safety policies including high visibility safety clothing, work boots, safety glasses, hardhats, and appropriate work attire (no shorts and t-shirts).
- Noise levels are considered moderate to severe.
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years’ experience in 12 Volt Electronics and Integration: Commercial vehicle experience required.
Education: High school or equivalent
Certificates: Installation, Product and Software for approved DST Vendors. MECP Basic.
Location: Southern California
License: Driver’s License (Required)