GreenFoot Technologies is searching for a Director, Human Resources for our Premier Health Care Client in Burlington, Vermont. This is a Direct Hire, On-Site, Opportunity. Must be Authorized to Work in the US, WITHOUT Sponsorship.
The Director, Human Resources will be responsible for the strategic and transformational leadership of all aspects of HR of the Home Health & Hospice (HHH) Group of a major Medical and Health Network in Burlington, Vermont. The Director, HR will be a thought leader in advancing organizational capability and effectiveness through demonstrated leadership and results locally, while also contributing directly to network wide efficacy within a matrixed shared service model. This individual will be charged with aligning HR initiatives with the affiliate and network near & long-term strategic imperatives.
The role is integral to the success of HHH, the HR Function, and Shared Service Centers of Excellence (COEs) and provides deep expertise and partnership regarding the design, development, and deployment of our people strategies; while partnering with our COE and affiliate leadership to deliver enterprise-wide employee solutions. This person will be a champion of the strategic transformation at HHH, supporting leaders and employees thru the change necessary to succeed within a matrix organization providing critical services in the continuum of care.
The Director, HR will lead the HR function at HHH as a strategic asset to the HHH leadership team and Network HR Leadership Council. This individual will be responsible for the development of a strong effective and respected human resources organization network-wide. The Director, HR will ensure that the HR organization is expert; proactive and viewed by its internal clients at all levels to be credible in the business, strategic, responsive and vital to the organization’s success.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring that there is shared ownership of HR programs across the system. Successfully implementing locally an annual cycle of Strategic business and HR Core processes that tie our talent to organization's results including: Org Strategic Plan, Budget, Workforce planning, HR Strategic Plan (Local & Network), Performance Management, Talent Management, Org Health and Change Management.
- Quickly developing credibility with employees at all levels of the organization, and consulting with senior management regarding key organizational issues related to the attainment of people, patient, community and organizational goals.
- Maintaining an integrated Human Resources Organization aligned with UVMHN immediate and long-term business priorities, while ensuring cost competitiveness and collaboration across the entire enterprise.
- Partnering with senior leadership team to develop and execute a succession planning, change management and other programs facilitating the integration of cultures and people.
- Developing and implementing a talent management and leadership development philosophy and programs to ensure that current and future leadership requirements to run the organization are met at all levels, beginning with senior leadership (e.g., workforce planning, succession planning, recruiting, management and employee training, and mentoring/coaching).
- Establishing a key set of HR metrics that can be tracked over time and that are instrumental to the growth and performance of HHH, UVMHN and its employees.
- Managing external partners/resources to help support and develop any of the above; as well as determine which strategic partnerships and business models will deliver the most impactful results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, organization development or related Human Resources field.
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in best in class HR functions with roles with increasing scope and responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience as the HR Leader of a large multi-specialist HR Function.
- The ideal candidate is not a “typical” human resources leader, but a business leader that has served in human resources roles. They must have strong business acumen, a builder personality and a commitment to continuous improvement. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of human resources and business processes with the ability to proactively advise on organizational structure and business strategy