GreenFoot Technologies is searching for a Process Technician for our client in Franklin Park, Illinois. This is a Direct Hire, On-Site Opportunity.
Work as a hands-on engineer to continuously improve our process, products and systems in a safe and efficient manner to meet and exceed our goals for safety, quality, and productivity. Direct and coordinate the process control of both thermoforming and extrusion equipment to ensure the manufacturing processes is in control, operating at maximum efficiencies, and that the extruded roll stock and thermoformed product meets or exceeds the customer requirements for quality and service.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement process control measurements for extrusion and thermoforming equipment.
- Analyze and interpret the process control data to implement changes that result in improvements in quality.
- Continuous monitoring of process conditions to insure the efficiency is maintained and the quality standards are maintained. Performance measured with specific KPI’s.
- Provide leadership and training to operators and lead technicians in the process control systems.
- Summarize and interpret quality data and determine the critical process conditions that impact the part quality.
- Determine test equipment and processes necessary to measure product specification and material performance with respect to the machine process conditions
- Develop root cause analysis for plant processing problems and implement corrective action process controls.
- Determine the time required, the amount of data to collect and analyze, and the procedures necessary to meet process control of both thermoforming and extrusion equipment.
- Manage and coordinate through documentation and equipment performance tracking the most efficient processes, recipes, and material conditions to meet quality and production efficiency KPI’s.
This position is in our Plastics facility in Franklin Park, IL
- Education – 4 Year Engineering Degree
- Experience - 4 years hands on plastic process engineering, Six Sigma experience, Black Belt Certification a plus
- Preferred Experience - 6+ years hands on process engineering in a plastics plant. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude for plastic processing equipment.
- Knowledge of analysis tools: Six Sigma: Control Charting, Root Cause Analysis, Scatter Plotting, Fishbone Analysis, Pareto Analysis, SPC.
- Ability and desire to work hands on in a 24-hour 7 day a week plastics manufacturing plant.
- Self-starter: motivated and ambitious to pursue change and implement improvements, with the ability to document that success, without the need for daily specific directions