GreenFoot Technologies is searching for an Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician/Electro Mechanic for one of our global clients in Chatham, NY. This is a Direct Hire, On-site Opportunity. Sponsorship is not offered.
Position: Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician/Electro Mechanic
Location: Chatham, NY
Shift: Swing shift- alternates one week, 7am-3pm and the next week 3pm-11pm
You will enjoy working for for our client as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed their tight-knit feel – they've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. Established in 1899! 120 years later and still going strong! They have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of their associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place that above all values their employees and their safety!
While reporting to the Plant Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor, as the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician/Electro Mechanic, responsible for performing maintenance tasks, specifically proactive tasks, necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products. Safety, quality, productivity and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Installing and maintaining auxiliary equipment as required by production
- Maintaining and repairing utility and facility-related equipment as directed by the Plant Engineer.
- Assisting/training other maintenance personnel with repairs, PM’s, and rebuilds.
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams for proactive problem resolutions.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
- Performing all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an industrial environment or military experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining manufacturing equipment
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting, industrial and motor controls preferred
- Comfortable with mechanical lifts, ladders, kneeling, bending and twisting; lifting up to 50 lbs
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks in an off-shift position with rotating shifts that will require overtime including weekends