Location: Pickney, SC
Position: Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician
Rate: $27.26 - $36.54/hr based on education and experience
Shift: Primarily 3rd Shift, must be willing to work overtime including off shifts.
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the entry level Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician is responsible for achieving the highest level of reliability for plant equipment through performing tasks required to maintain equipment in ‘Like New’ condition and minimize downtime. This individual will use advanced training and knowledge to perform equipment/process/system maintenance, troubleshoot equipment, make repairs and identify opportunities for improvement.
Qualified candidates must possess the ability to promote to higher maintenance positions, promote, invoke and implement change where needed. Must have strong communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as proactive maintenance and reliability thought process.
Must have strong communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as proactive maintenance and reliability thought process. Additionally, must have strong communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as proactive maintenance and reliability thought process. Selected candidate requires certification through our Apprenticeship Program or Red Vector Training Program.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Understands and follows safety policies and procedures. Performs all tasks safely and does not take risks as it pertains to safety. Leads by example.
• Identifies safety risks and works to reduce risks in behavior, equipment and processes.
• Creates, documents and performs strong Preventive/Predictive maintenance tasks/procedures to eliminate equipment breakdown failures.
• Quickly and safely troubleshoots equipment issues and implements optimum corrective action. Communicates plan of action to prevent repeat issues and can assist in documenting new procedures.
• Communicates effectively with operations personnel to identify and resolve abnormal or degraded equipment conditions that could negatively impact safety, quality or productivity.
• Participates in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action), Analytical Troubleshooting (ATS).
• Documents work done in sufficient detail in order to capture strong historical data for future analysis.
• Performs all tasks with exceptional housekeeping. Maintains strong housekeeping principles in their own personal areas.
• Precision welding based on the required application.
• Skilled in shop tools: lathes, drills, milling machines, etc.
• Reads and understands mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
• Technically skilled to Maintain mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment. This includes a strong understanding of lubrication principles and ensuring the proper lubrication is applied to equipment.
• Technically skilled to Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
• Technically skilled to Repair mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
• Technically skilled to Improve Reliability of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
• Technically skilled to Precision Install mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment utilizing OEM specifications.
• Assists in identifying opportunities to improve equipment inspection, lubrication and hard to access areas for new equipment installs and for current equipment.
• Can understand overall equipment operation/function and applies to maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and reliability of equipment sub- components.
• Develops/modifies/reads/troubleshoots/installs PLC programs.
• Installs/troubleshoots/repairs AC and DC drives/motors.
• Fabricates and installs various electrical, piping, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.