Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing automation and control systems for Industrial Equipment, casting and rolling of copper or aluminum rod.
• Design and program logic for PLCs, drive systems, and combustion control systems.
• Develop SCADA and operator interface applications.
• Design databases and write custom computer programs for Southwire Continuous Rod (SCR) systems.
• Apply standard procedures to trouble shoot mechanical and electrical components, diagnose and resolve issues.
• Create project manuals and electrical schematics using CAD.
• Develop cost estimates and proposals for electrical systems.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of SCR systems such as fluid systems, operations, metallurgy, maintenance, material handling, furnace systems, and hands on machine operation.
• Assist with on-site commissioning of all parts of an SCR system.
• This individual transfer know-how to SCR customers through training, discussions, presentations, and startup assistance.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field is required.
• 3-6 years’ experience,(compensation will be based on experience) but candidates must have industrial experiences, such as Industrial processing equipment, AC and DC drives, PLC’S, combustion systems, design, maintenance and/or operation (or similar industry).
• Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC and drive experience. CAD experience with AutoCAD.
• SCADA system and HMI application experience.
• Computer programming, networking, database, and reporting skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical knowledge, and to develop into technical resource and subject matter expert.
• Ability to travel internationally: 25%
• Must possess excellent communication, organization, presentation, interpersonal, and project management skills.