Our client is seeking a highly motivated Technician II - Industrial Temperature Control to be based in the Boston (Mendon) area. Position holders are typically field based focusing on the delivery of planned maintenance programs to ensure reliable and safe asset operation. Activities include:
- Coordinating and undertaking a range of maintenance activities within defined operating procedures.
- Conducting safety inspections and complying with company safety regulation.
- Providing first level technical advice to customers.
- May resolve/troubleshoot implementation problems
Sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Drive for Results - is a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve ‘step changes’ in business results. It covers the desire to strive for constant improvement and to continuously redefine what can be achieved both in the market place and with the resources that are available to the individual. Outstanding performers focus their energy on achieving objectives, which support the long-term success of the business. They do this in a way that demonstrates maturity and self control
- Task Completion - reliable, Focused, Committed to Completing Tasks
- Resilience - Persistent, positive, self-reliant
- Accountability - Drives better outcomes by taking personal responsibility
- Customer Focus- Understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships
- Working Together with Others- Relates to people, engages, builds relationships
We’re Experts. You’ll have the following experience:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent years of work experience
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience
- PC literacy in a Microsoft and/or ERP environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We’re Dynamic & Innovative. In an ever-changing business you will be nimble in seizing opportunities to pioneer effective ways to meet and exceed your responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs of equipment and documents this as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Complete necessary paper work timely and accurately which may include data entry and general use of relevant computer systems and software as directed.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures both in-house and on customer locations and handle repairs.
- Sets up and operate equipment as directed both in-house and at customer locations.
- Utilize mathematical formulas to determine both nominal and effective tonnage and/or kW requirements.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and capability in reading and understanding schematics.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of, actively practice, and promote safe working conditions in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other required regulations dealing with safe operation of all equipment.
- Obtain & maintain necessary certifications required to operate any equipment as dictated by federal, state and/or local ordinances.
- Prepare various reports as directed to maintain accurate records on equipment and preventive maintenance.
- Prepare expense reports and/or service reports within prescribed time periods.
- As a condition of employment, upon hire, or as directed at any time after employment has started, you will be required to possess and/or obtain and maintain a valid DOT Medical Card and a valid driver’s license up to Class A CDL with endorsements.
We’re Together. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of your colleagues and interact with the wider team.
Why our client? Here are some of the perks and rewards.
- Competitive compensation
- Profit sharing and employee stock purchase plan
- Industry-leading benefit plans including medical, dental, life, disability and more
- Retirement program with company match
- Paid leave and ten (10) paid holidays
- Continuous training and development with career growth opportunities
Other information you should know:
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent periods are spent sitting and standing in the same location. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to move about or lift heavy objects (typically less than 50 lbs.)
- Work Environment: The employee may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a moderate to loud noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Disclaimer: This information should not be construed as the position’s exclusive standards. Performing other assigned duties is required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees are responsible for knowing and following all company policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local governmental regulations including Environmental Health and Safety requirements while working and representing our client.