The VP of IT Operations Leader will be responsible for accomplishing the Mission, vision, objective in alignment with core values. This leader reports to the CIO and will be a member of the technology and enterprise leadership team. The IT operations leadership has overall people, process, technology and financial responsibilities for infrastructure, platform, managed services, XaaS, and internal data centers.
- Overall responsibility of IT
- Develop IT as a Service framework
- Manage infrastructure and platform partners and contracts
- Leads and develops the technology operations, desktop/user support, application management, database & platforms, infrastructure, hardware, telecom/network operations and HA/DR.
- Leads Technology Ops Staff.
- Develops, implement and support DevOps.
- Provides for the ongoing leadership and training for Technology Operations staff.
- Ensures the Support Services staff is properly trained on all aspects of company technologies.
- Oversees the implementation of new technologies in collaboration with IT Delivery and Architecture leadership.
- Leads all hardware, infrastructure, telecom/network and associate3d planning, testing, implementation and evaluations.
- Develops training and implementation plans for new infrastructure and platform technology.
- Operations and maintenance of technology infrastructure and first call resolutions on applications.
- Establish Incident and Configuration management practice aligned with IT framework.
- Ensures company technology infrastructure is properly maintained, updated and operational.
- Continually evaluates system performance and take necessary action to optimize and enhance performance.
- Develops and implements appropriate backup systems and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures company technology adherers to applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs system software upgrades as necessary.
- Develops and publish accurate reporting of key metrics.
- Support development of strategic plans.
- Works with communications to develop a strategy to communicate IT announcements, and appropriate incident and root cause communications across organization.
- Prepare annual budget for company technology operations.
- Manage expenses in line with budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related experience.
- 15 years work experience in all phases of technology operations, development and implementation within an organization that supports centralized/decentralized operations/culture and field staff.
- 10 years of experience in managing enterprise technology departments.
- 5 years in Director/VP IT or above with overall IT Ops responsibilities in mid-size company, or with major part of IT Ops responsibilities in large company.
- 5 years in Financial Service/Insurance industry.
- Experience with technologies and principles based on Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Experience with various cloud-computing platforms and hosting services including but not limited to: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Asure, Amazon, Rackspace, Lyn, TFS.
- Experience working within large BYOD environments and best practices.
- Experience providing oversight and guidance related to vendor management.
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and Big Data.
- Ability to communicate, inspire and motivate staff.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically about the application of technology and ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- MBA or MS from an accredited university
- Experience with VMWare, F5, Dell and Cisco
- Experience in developing strategic plans
- Experience with Java, Opens Source, automated deployment, and container technologies.
- Technology Security firewall, DMZ, mobile/web integration operations.
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile/Post Agile and related DevOp team management.