GreenFoot Technologies is currently looking for highly motivated DevOps Engineer with systems knowledge to work on the Web Services team of one of our select Johnson County, KS clients. This position will work closely with engineering teams to create consistent and repeatable code and database deployments. An ideal candidate will have a strong operations background as well as some development experience. Candidates for this position must be able to bring their experience to the team to make the deployments much smoother. Most importantly, the right individual will be with a positive, “can-do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions.
The responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer are to maintain and enhance the deployments of the company's services. DevOps Engineer will work across infrastructure, operations, security, and development teams to analyze and optimize workflows and reduce client sign-to-live time while incorporating hosting best practices.
- The qualified candidate will execute the design, development, and implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) processes that define a consistent set of pipeline stages, build types and levels, automation techniques, and software quality metrics that will help ensure the process will be duplicated and provide consistent reporting
- Ensure that environments and CI are set up accurately and are easily maintained
- Build automated deployments
- Actively administer and the applications and hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes
- Prioritize and provide technical solutions to environment-related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment
- Interact with product team, enterprise architecture, development, and operations to understand requirements and translate into tasks for automation
- Develop and build IT solutions to meet business requirements
- Create and share development estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines
- Integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework
- Design and develop private and hybrid cloud automation and orchestration for SaaS and PaaS environments.
- Work closely with other team members in a geographically dispersed team using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- 7+ years of experience as a DevOps or system administrator
- 7+ years of experience in a Web-based software development or operations related position
- 5+ years of experience in supporting an enterprise-level CI platform and developing best practices, processes, and tools, including TFS, JIRA or Jenkins and source code CM tools, such as SVN and GIT
- 3-5 years of experience in working with management and maintenance of application running on IIS
- Extensive Release Management experience using DevOps tools like Jenkins, GIT, TFS RM, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and configuring .NET applications
- Experience with designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications and systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments
- Experience with one or more programming languages, preferably .NET C#, Web services using REST and SOAP, Web development using JSP, Spring MVC, Struts, JSF, PHP, and ASP.NET
- Experience with working on load balanced, elastic, and high availability infrastructures
- Experience with Microservices, Containers, including Docker, and applied technology to continuous delivery
- 2+ years of experience related to performance and best practices using industry standard monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, BMC Analyzer, Stackify or LoadRunner
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud infrastructure, including Azure, Amazon Web Services and configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- 2+ years of experience with 1 or more Orchestration tools - Heat, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler, SaltStack, Ansible, SCCM, SCOM
- Familiar with ITIL and Agile, Scrum, or Kanban SDLCs.
- Virtualization and Containerization (Openstack, KVM, Hyper-v, Docker, Vagrant)
- Knowledge in networking, including layer 2&3 switches, TCP/IP, and SNMP
- Familiarity with firewalls, NAT, and packet filtering
- Strong analytical and logical skill to analyze requirements and deliver design in some tools like Visio or something similar.
- Good Communication skills to be able to interact with multiple teams, understand their requirements and transform requirements into service and workflow design.