Sr. Network Engineer has o
verall administrative responsibility for the corporate facility operations including network communication, network security, backup methodology, business continuity, etc.
Engineers technical solutions to meet corporate systems infrastructure needs and audit/compliance requirements, maintains vendor relationships, coordinates hardware proposals and acquisitions and oversees and performs equipment installation, testing and ongoing maintenance.
Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works within and adheres to corporate network design and security, testing and documentation standards, including Change Control documentation.
- Works closely with Director of Infrastructure, System Engineer, Director of Application Development, Database teams, and IT Project Management to collect and analyze systems infrastructure project requirements, and develop detailed project specifications.
- Assists System Engineer to complete network and security infrastructure project initiatives.
- Designs, implements, upgrades, monitors, and maintains key systems including but not limited to the following equipment and protocols; web security appliance, wireless controllers, switches, routers, hubs, servers, cables, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, MPLS, VPLS, etc.
- Responsible for designing and administering all corporate network security and business continuity processes.
- Continually researches technologies and trends related to corporate facility operations and makes strategic recommendations related to corporate data center technology (switches, routers, hubs, firewalls, IP telephony, etc.).
- Writes and maintains documentation related to corporate facility operations, policies and procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with systems and services. Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for complex problems escalated from Technical Support
- Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs including firmware updates, security releases, etc.
Experience with Fortinet, Cisco systems and WAN optimization technology is required. Experience with UNIX and Linux is preferred.
This position does not currently have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Certifications
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, and CNE preferred. Experience with audit and compliance is a plus.