Data Analyst identifies operating problems, performs, and directs the required analysis to assis in creating an effective solution. Create complex analysis for problems or opportunities requiring considerable research to comprehend all aspects of the issue. Independently analyze information as needed and give advice.
- Collaborates with management, customers and regulatory groups to identify problems and design effective solutions using the company’s information resources.
- Must be able to retrieve data, write programs and understand IT databases and procedures.
- Develops an analysis plan and analyzes data either independently or in a group setting as required.
- Identifies and documents changes to the company’s IT systems required to advance the analytics process.
- Performs project management to ensure that goals and deadlines are met.
- Actively participates in technical training as required to meet job requirements.
- Preparation of accurate, analytical results which can be readily understood by the customer and converted into action which will lower the cost and/or improve the quality of the company’s products.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple large projects in a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics or other relevant discipline is required.
- Ability to read analyze, and interpret technical materials and financial data
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to present information in a large group setting with internal and external customers.
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries of substantial complexity as needed to gather data for analysis.
- Proficient in gathering data from external sources such as government and customer databases.
- MS-Excel experience including ability to use a variety of Excel functions such as: VLOOKUP, ROUND, SUBTOTAL & SUMPRODUCT.
- Proficiency in SQL, Crystal Reports or other data access tool.
- Experience using a statistical package such as: R, SPSS, Stata or SAS
- Experience in techniques such as: Multiple Regression, Logistic Regression, Classification Trees, Cluster Analysis, Association Analysis and text mining.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience in healthcare, insurance or financial services industry.
- Experience with a BI Tool such as: Tableau, Business Objects or MicroStrategy