Independent insurance agency in Olathe seeking hardworking, self-motivated person for Customer Service Representative.
An insurance customer service representative is responsible for providing information about an insurance company’s products to its clients. Responding to customer inquiries and resolving complaints or forwarding them to the appropriate individuals for solution.
This customer service representative has the role of attending to calls and correspondences, providing information with respect to insurance policies, and also communicating any changes in policy to existing and prospective clients.
- Analyze customer’s complaints and recommend solutions.
- Discuss with customers on telephone and provide information on the company’s products and services.
- Record all conversations with clients with details of inquiries or complaints and action steps that were taken.
- Understand the company’s insurance policies and products and be able to discuss with clients.
- Communicate changes or adjustment in policies to clients.
- Send newsletters, mails, and other forms of correspondences to customers.
- Receive reports of claims and communicate reports of investigation to the clients.
- Forward all filed claims to the appropriate department for handling and investigation.
- Assist in soliciting sales of new products and policies.
- Assist clients in filling of policy documents and contact them whenever any error is discovered, or when it needs to be corrected.
- Offer information about price quotes to prospective customers.
- Receive visiting customers and provide them with necessary assistance.
- Manage and protect the reputation of the company.
- Maintain strong clientele relationship with customers.
To succeed as an insurance customer service representative, the perfect candidate needs to possess the following qualities and skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle and pacify difficult customers.
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and non-verbal.
- Must always be friendly and willing to provide assist others.
- A good memory for remembering data and details.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Must be punctual at all times and able to put in flexible working hours.
- A good listener with sound judgment.
- Ability to cope in a fast paced job environment.
- Must be able to critically analyze all situations and solve problems efficiently.
- Property and Casualty License Required.
- Experience working in an independent Insurance Agency a plus.
If interested, please send resume to: