We are seeking a Software Development Manager who wants to coach, mentor, and lead a team to improve. As a Software Development Manager you will direct multiple development team leads and development team members. Establish and maintain effective communication with executives and team members to ensure team needs are being met. Keep executive-level management informed of progress and problems.
- Directs software development projects of varying sizes through development team leads and team members.
- Ensures software projects are completed on time and according to corporate quality standards.
- Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design and implementation objectives).
- Serves as focal point for other departments on project status or other project information.
- Organizes project through development of a Project Plan.
- Manage release cycle activities, planning build iterations, delivery of builds into QA, and maintaining defects in the tracking system
- Conduct reviews (code, design, and test) to ensure that the development process is followed and the criteria for product quality are met successfully
- Ensures software projects are completed according to product specifications and are properly documented.
- Implementation of the product satisfies the product specifications.
- Product architecture and implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance (architecture documentation and architecture design review).
- Ensures that: a) Documentation gets appropriate level of technical review support b) QA test plans meet the project requirements c) Appropriate development and corporate methods and procedures are followed
- Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).
- Direct and contribute to key architectural decisions
- Coordinate the team’s work including budgeting and resource allocation, accurately provide project scope and effort estimates for project schedules
- Provide day to day technical direction, review technical deliverables and resolve technical issues within the team
- Provide timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues
- Proven experience in leading software product development projects.
- Highest knowledge of company's software development design procedures.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations and organization skills.
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.
Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering or computer science; advanced degree desirable.