Greenfoot Technologies is seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst with technical writing capabilities for one of our select Johnson County, KS clients on their Web Services team. As a member of the Product Development team, the Business Analyst is responsible for creation, maintenance, and publishing of technical documents (business/functional requirements, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria specifications, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) for use by product team, stakeholders and end users.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with product teams to obtain in-depth software product understanding to support developer platforms, components, services including APIs. You will provide operational requirements, conceptual documentation, detailed guides, samples, references, and other materials.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members in a geographically dispersed team using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Perform stakeholder interviewing to understand current processes and gather new requirements.
- Produce requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria which clearly state the business needs and align with Product goals.
- Organize, translate, simplify, verify, manage and communicate requirements.
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications and construct basic process models.
- Construct use case scenarios and work with UI designer on the prototypes.
- Test new features and functionality to ensure the delivered solution meets the requirements.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to deliver business value as well as to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, tutorials, online help and developer guides that will facilitate end-user practical application.
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Proactively research and review all upcoming release notes, incorporating changes to update user manuals and tutorials.
- Also, aid in the creation of external and internal training materials or courses.
- Write and manage product release notes.
- Create and manage online software user manuals.
- Help write white papers, case studies, and other sales and marketing literature.
- Work closely with software developers to capture new feature documentation in real-time.
- 8+ years of IT experience as a Software Business Analyst within the software development industry utilizing an agile development methodology.
- At least three years of working experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Proficiency writing clear and concise technical and non-technical documents using authoring tools.
- Proficiency in a diagramming tool, such as Visio, Illustrator, PowerPoint or others.
- Write in declarative, procedural and creative styles and for multiple audiences.
- Familiarity with developing content in a Wiki.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Familiarity with source code written in C#.
- Good practical experience with the SDLC and software development.
- Ability to translate technical information from developers into easily readable content.
- Ability to listen and actually translate complex technology discussions into workflows, requirements, business processes and policies.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and logical ability to analyze requirements.
- Excellent Communication skills to be able to interact with multiple teams, understand their needs and transform requirements into service and workflow design.
- Must enjoy the challenges and opportunities of a start-up environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Positive Attitude
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement