The Help Desk Manager’s primary responsibility is day to day support of appropriate IT internal services through effective leadership and management of the Help Desk team. The manager is responsible for establishing and reporting on key metrics to drive Operational Excellence across incident management, problem management, request management and knowledge management. The Help Desk Manager is also responsible for ensuring proper administration of the company’s ITSM tool – ServiceNow. The Help Desk is the single point of contact for internal and select external users insuring resolution of Level 1 & 2 incidents within the Help Desk and when necessary escalating incidents. Overall incident resolution, problem resolution, and escalation procedures are driven by the Help Desk Manager.
- Train, mentor, and manage Service Desk team for 7a-7p availability to provide exemplary Service to IT Customers.
- Develop and mature ITSM processes and tools to ensure proper handling, and remediation of all issues raised to the Help Desk within SLAs.Ensure Service Desk Processes appropriately integrate with all other ITSM processes.
- Ensure proper maintenance and administration of ServiceNow platform and all aspects including forms, workflows, categories, and other relevant artifacts and activities
- Establish key metrics and develop/provide effective reporting of KPI's and trends to IT departments and customers.Conduct “Deep Dives” into metrics and processes to develop corrective actions and tactics for enhancement and improvement of Help Desk.
- Ensure proper handling of Major Incidents and conduct Post Incident Review meetings for all Priority 1 & 2 incidents.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Administration
- Knowledge of Service Desk metrics
- Knowledge of Service Desk best practices
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading, influencing, and negotiating
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Weekend and on-call availability