GreenFoot Technologies is searching for a Software Development Manager for one of our select clients. You will be working in the Instant Video group that is changing the way millions of their customers interact with video content. The Instant Video team delivers high-quality instant video to customers through subscriptions as well as purchases and rentals. Our client believes so deeply in the mission of Instant Video that they have launched their own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day they face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Instant Video team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of customers worldwide.
You will build the systems, services, and apps that delight their end users. You will build apps for the web, mobile phones, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles, and set-top boxes. Using advanced machine learning and data mining techniques, we help our customers discover the best movies and TV shows. You will measure data in Petabytes and streaming in Exabytes. You will obsess over big picture problems like "How do we deliver video that’s more reliable than the internet it's delivered over?" to, low-level details like "How do we squeeze maximum picture quality out of every bit delivered?" You will strive to be on the forefront of new consumer technologies like UHD TV and High Dynamic Range video. You will build huge scale distributed systems on the AWS cloud to make sure the service is always reliable for your customers. You will use computer vision and machine learning techniques to build rich metadata about videos, and partner closely with teams like IMDb to let customers explore deeper into the TV and movies they love. In short, you will have exciting challenges in an industry that’s doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and a solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- A proven track record with 3+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and at least 2 years software development engineer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- A deep understanding of software development and a proven track record of shipping high quality software on time
- Experience with large scale web services and distributed systems
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- A proven track record of hiring and developing software engineers to become high-performance teams
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence at all levels, from the new college hire engineer to an executive audience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of at least 6 software development engineers
- Masters degree in CS or related field
- Expects and sparks innovation of her/his team
- A track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
- Experience with scalable data processing platforms and tools like Spark, Hadoop
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong business and technical vision
- Demonstrated track record of creating a culture of software craftsmanship
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience running highly available and large scale customer facing systems