GreenFoot Technologies is searching for Firewall Engineer to be part of the Security Engineering – Network Access Control Team which is responsible for firewalls, remote access solutions, and other various network perimeter defense solutions. This a multi-year contract opportunity.
• Installs, administers and manages the firewalls, Access Control Lists (ACL), Virtual Private Network (VPN) systems and Web Proxies.
• Monitors Remedy ticket queues for the team and processes/works incidents and change request tickets as they are assigned to ISB NAC.
• Documents all aspects of the system for daily operations and disaster recovery, in addition to adherence of federal certification and accreditation requirements.
• Provides statistical reporting to illustrate security posture and continuous improvements.
• Participates in the creation, review and enforcement of security policy, procedures and system documentation.
• Evaluates, makes recommendations, implements or disseminates IT security tools, procedures and practices to protect organizational systems.
• Provides knowledge transfer to team members, to include government counterparts.
• Minimum 3-6 years’ experience with job related skills
• Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in relevant field or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
• One of the following certifications: CompTIA Security +, Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) Level 1 OR Check Point Certified Security Training
• A minimum of 2 years’ specialized experience in networking design and concepts to include TCP/IP, switching, routing, firewalls, virtual route forwarding and VLANs.
• Experience in Information Security.
• Experience with two of the following firewall technologies: Juniper/Netscreen, Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto.
• Thorough understanding of the following security technologies:
* Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
* Log Management and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM)
* Virtual Private Network (VPN) Remote Access
* Web Content Filtering / Web Proxy
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance