is seeking a Senior Technical leader to lead multiple teams responsible for development of the Customer Engagement platform for their marketing team. The platform is a strategic initiative to automate all marketing channels and integrate them into a unified platform.
Our client's physical and digital businesses have an incredible wealth of data on customer behavior across dozens of product categories including customer taste in books and music. They have access to the world’s largest movie and TV database. This platform will leverage the data along with machine learning solutions to personalize their communications with each customer, exposing them to exclusive content and advanced features available through them. They have invested heavily in building one of the leading recommendation engine in the entertainment industry, developing insightful customer intelligence that brings astounding precision to marketing communication. This initiative is at the heart of the organization and recognized as the innovation that will allow us to develop a unique conversation with each customer.
The right candidate will have a track record of building services that combine data and algorithms in innovative ways to deliver compelling products. Their systems run at massive scale, boast four 9s availability and snappy response times. The right candidate will bring experience in building services that can leverage ML solutions at comparable scale. The role also demands collaboration with business, product, engineering and Machine Learning Science leaders across the organization to leverage and share integration with datasets, algorithms and features. The right candidate will demonstrate a track record in translating business requirements into solutions that leverage advanced algorithms and machine learning to deliver fully automated marketing systems.
Our client is a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape how video is consumed for years to come. In addition to a digital video streaming service, they also operate as an original content production house. The service is available in US, UK, Germany and Japan on dozens of tablets, phones, game consoles, and smart TVs . If this role seems like a good fit, please reach out, we'd love to talk to you.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years people management experience including managing managers
- Experience in building scalable systems based on web services
- Proven ability to effectively lead multiple teams
- Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience in building large scale marketing automation or CRM systems (highly desired)· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions