GreenFoot Technologies is searching for a NetApp Engineer for a multi-year contract with a government agency in Kansas City. This person will be Part of the Storage Administration Services Team. This team handles the operation of all the geographically dispersed data centers. Categories of services to be provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Storage administration services
• Storage design and architecture
• Storage virtualization
• Storage maintenance
• Storage performance evaluation and analysis
· Operation of all aspects of NetApp storage administration tools and products including installation, configuration, operation, upgrading, and providing maintenance of products.
· Scheduling, building, troubleshooting automation jobs, including compliance and remediation jobs, auditing jobs, package installation, and provisioning jobs using scheduler in NetApp.
· Installing, configuring, upgrading, maintaining, and creating reports using reporting tools.
· Monitoring and recommending improvements for performance of NetApp storage products.
· Participate in an on-call rotation and/or after-hours support.
· Provide capacity planning and trend analysis of NetApp storage systems
· Minimum 3-6 years of experience with job related skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
· Currently possessing or willing to obtain one of the following certifications: NetApp Certified Storage Associate (NCSA) OR NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA).
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
· Experience including Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery, Backup and Restore in UNIX, VMware and Windows Environments.
· Expertise with administration, configuration, troubleshooting of NetApp storage systems including restoration using Snapshot, SnapMirror, and SnapVault.
· Experience in design and configuration of NAS/SAN cost effective storage solutions for customers and clients.
· Familiar with ONTAP 8.0 or greater.
· Strong knowledge of network attached storage and managing multiple access protocols including NFS, SIFS, and iSCSI.
· Experience running clustermode for NetApp.
· Experience with storage administration techniques on enterprise class storage, mid-tier storage, and direct attached storage.
· Experience with storage management software such as NetApp System Manager, Operations Manager, NetApp OnCommand Insight, Performance Advisor, VMware V-sphere client
· Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Additional Experience Preferred
· Installing and configuring software; completing backup and restore requests; performing storage allocations; adding clients to backup policies; decommissioning systems; configuring media and master servers / drives / robots; performing updates/upgrades /patches to hardware/software/firmware; troubleshooting issues; monitoring systems; and reporting, etc.
· Development and maintenance of required documentation. The documentation includes, but is not limited to, the following: SAN Billing Table, configuration documents, NetBackup documents, SAN administration request form, etc.
· Expertise with administration, configuration, troubleshooting of Symantec NetBackup systems.