is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead high impacting Customer Engagement program for one of our client's marketing team. The program is a strategic initiative to automate all marketing channels and integrate them into a unified platform. Our client's physical and digital businesses have an incredible wealth of data on customer behavior across dozens of product categories including customer taste in books and music. They have access to the world’s largest movie and TV database. This platform will leverage the data along with machine learning solutions to personalize their communications with each customer, exposing them to exclusive content and advanced features available through them. They have invested heavily in building one of the leading recommendation engine in the entertainment industry, developing insightful customer intelligence that brings astounding precision to marketing communication. This initiative is at the heart of the organization and recognized as the innovation that will allow us to develop a unique conversation with each customer.
This job will challenge you on various fronts – you’ll need to have the ability to understand what it takes to launch large scale services and features that involve multiple teams within and outside of the company. The right candidate will have a track record of building services that combine data and algorithms in innovative ways to deliver compelling products. Their systems run at massive scale, boast four 9s availability and snappy response times. The role also demands collaboration with engineering and Machine Learning Science leaders across the organization to leverage and share integration with datasets, algorithms and features. You will also need to frequently engage business, product and technology leaders and be a strong advocate for our customers.
Our client is a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape how video is consumed for years to come. In addition to a digital video streaming service, they also operate as an original content production house. The service is available in US, UK, Germany and Japan on dozens of tablets, phones, game consoles, and smart TVs . If this role seems like a good fit, please reach out, we'd love to talk to you.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
- Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
- Experience in Video playback and streaming technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A passion for consumer products
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly